WooCommerce & Shopify are two of the most user friendly and popular eCommerce platforms readily available.
Both WooCommerce and Shopify have several strengths and can perhaps be a good option for you to develop your an eCommerce shop. These platforms can also be great for beginners as it is possible to build your online stop with no help from professionals. So which platform is more feature-rich? Which is the most convenient to work with?
After reading this article, hopefully you will understand precisely which ecommerce platform to select based upon your specific requirements. Let's compare WooCommerce vs Shopify to see which one is the best fit for your needs:
Pros & Cons
- You understand precisely just how much you'll be paying the rates and every month is reasonable.
- There's access to countless apps to extend your shop.
- There are plenty of themes to choose from.
- Shopify will host and looks after your websites security.
- Dropshipping is rather easy with Shopify.
- Shopify will offer top level support.
- You will not have much control over your website with Shopify.
- Customization is better with other platforms.
- You're stuck with a monthly payment that's only going to get higher.
Cons and pros
- With WooCommerce there is the possibility of total personalisation and control.
- There are over 4 million websites running on Woocommerce according to builtwith.com
- The plugins and styles are unlimited, given that almost anybody can make and offer them online.
- WooCommerce is easy to set up on a self hosted WordPress install.
- The WooCommerce plugin is totally free.
In my opinion there is no clear winner. It really does depend on the client and their needs.